If you’re anything like me, it’s easy to focus on what’s not right in your life, but science and our faith show us that’s not good for our physical and emotional well being. Being a glass-half-full person takes discipline, doesn’t it? Here are 5 things you and I can focus on today that can help us have a more positive outlook:
- Today is a new day, and God’s love for me is endless (“The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22 & 23).
- Despite my best efforts, I’m never going to be perfect, but God’s love is bigger than that (“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23).
- God is with me today no matter what is going on (“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10).
- My friends are a gift from God (“A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.” Proverbs 17:17).
- Sometimes you just have to laugh (“A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” Proverbs 17:22).
These are just a few to get us started as we begin focusing on more than just the negative around us. I hope you’ll give it a try with me.
good positive day!