Welcome to the chance to do something huge this Valentine’s Day! By signing the pledge below you’re making a commitment to the people who matter most in your life. You’re giving them the gift of time and attention. And, really, is there any better way to say, “I Love You?”
I promise to break up with my phone for 24 hours, starting at 12:00 a.m. on ________________.
I will NOT use my phone except for the following reasons:
- Necessary work or school communications
- Checking to make sure the kids get home safely from school
- Calling long distance friends and family to say, “I love you!”
- Confirming plans with friends or loved ones
- Emergencies involving the need for paramedics, firefighters, or police
Otherwise, I will not play games, watch videos, text ,or even use my phone AS a phone for the entire day.
So, what WILL I do?
- I will give my time and attention to the people around me. To my spouse or significant other. To my kids, grand kids, nieces, or nephews. To my friends and coworkers. To that hurting stranger I would have missed if my nose was buried in that little gadget that has seemingly become an extension of my arm.
- I will focus on the greatest gift I’ve been given…God’s never ending LOVE!
- I will give my fingers and thumbs a much needed rest!