Confusing. Messy. Disarray. Do any of these words describe your life? It can be hard when life doesn’t go the way you expect. My name is Kinsley, and I’m an intern here at WCIC.
I know when things are difficult, it can be so confusing to know where to turn. But I want to encourage you today that with all you are going through, you are not alone.
Even when things might feel like they’re more than you can handle, there is a God who cares and is there every step of the way. There is a God who is greater than any impossible problem.
There have been times when I’ve felt this exact way; I didn’t know where to go. Through it all, however, I’ve learned that God never fails. He is the one thing in life that remains constant. He does not change.
If you’re in a place where you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed, here are some verses to help remind you of God’s love for you!
1. “Don’t panic. I’m with you. There’s no need to fear for I’m your God. I’ll give you strength. I’ll help you. I’ll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you.” Isaiah 41:10
2. “Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.” 1 Peter 5:7
3. “The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace.” Psalm 29:11
4. “Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.” Colossians 3:1-2
5. “So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.” Galatians 6:9
6. “God guards you from every evil, he guards your very life. He guards you when you leave and when you return, he guards you now, he guards you always.” Psalm 121:7-8
7. “So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
8. “Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all asides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work, so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.” James 1:2-4
9. “God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea.” Psalm 46:1-2
10. “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell god what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7