Special Contest Rules
Here are the rules for WCIC’s Marriage Celebration Ticket Giveaway:
To enter, fill out the form found here and share why you and your spouse would like to go to the Marriage Celebration. The deadline to enter is 11:59 pm on Friday, January 13.
Four winners will be drawn at random using random. Two winners will receive a couple’s ticket to the Springfield event on February 17, and two winners will receive a couple’s ticket to the Metamora event on February 18.
Each ticket is valued at $100 and will get both you and your spouse into the event.
Winners will be contacted by phone or email on Monday, January 16.
You must be 18 to enter, no purchase necessary, one entry per household. If you or anyone in your household has won a prize from WCIC in the last 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the last year, you are not eligible to enter. Employees and immediate family members of University of Northwestern-St. Paul and Northwestern Media, its participating sponsors, or affiliated agencies are not eligible to enter.
All general WCIC contest rules apply and are available below.
General Contest Rules
THE FOLLOWING ARE BASIC CONTEST RULES FOR ANY AND ALL CONTESTS BROADCAST ON WCIC AND AT WCICFM.ORG. EACH CONTEST MIGHT HAVE ITS OWN SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND ELIGIBILITY RULES.
- No purchase is necessary to enter any WCIC contest.
- Only one entry per household. Only one qualifier or winner per family within a 30 day period.
- To be eligible to win any prize on WCIC, you must not have won anything in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past year. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be considered null and void, and an alternative eligible winner may be named.
- A 1099 MISC form will be completed and filed with the IRS for each winner who has won a prize with a total value of $600 or more. All local, state, and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Unless otherwise stated, multiple entries by the same person will be discarded and might be deemed cause for disqualification.
- In the event of a tie, winners will be decided by a random drawing. All WCIC contest decisions are final.
- Anytime you call the WCIC studios at 1-888-691-9150, you have agreed to have your name, voice, and/or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material. You grant WCIC permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
- As a winner of a WCIC contest, your voice, name, city, and/or picture might be used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
- WCIC reserves the right to revoke prizes if the winner does not meet any or all eligibility requirements, even if an announcement has been made on the air indicating that person was the winner.
- 1-888-691-9150 is the official contest line. WCIC is not responsible for problems occurring within the telephone system which either inhibit or increase the chances of winning a phone-in contest. WCIC is not responsible for dropped calls or loss of connection during any contest. In case of telephone line malfunctions, the decision of WCIC will be final.
- WCIC shall have no responsibility for failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, internet, or any circumstances in any contest.
- Employees and immediate family members of University of Northwestern St. Paul, participating sponsors, affiliated advertising agencies, and their immediate family members may not participate in contests conducted by WCIC.
- Winners may not request substitution or other consideration from the originally awarded prize. Unless otherwise stated, all prizes will be mailed. WCIC is not responsible for any delays in receipt of prizes caused by the mail system.
- WCIC may, due to the unavailability of prizes awarded, substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally won. WCIC will not be responsible or held liable for prizes awarded to an event that is canceled due to circumstances beyond WCIC's control.
- WCIC, its agency, and representatives shall not be liable for any claim, injury, or damage from any WCIC contest or prize awarded in a contest.
- WCIC reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The decision of WCIC is always final.
- WCIC reserves the right to end a contest at any time.
- The following are specifically related to electronic (email or online form) contests at wcicfm.org:
- All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified.
- Any problems with the internet or email are not WCIC's responsibility.
- With respect to any disputes regarding contests, the decision of WCIC will be final.
- Any promotions involving Apple products are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Apple, Inc. By submission of an entry, an entrant releases Apple, Inc. from any responsibility or liability for the promotion’s administration, prizes, or promotion.
- WCIC contest rules may be requested during regular business hours (Monday-Friday from 8:30 am until 5:00 pm).